-->

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wish List Wednesday #2

The idea behind this post is self-explanatory, but what's new is that I've decided to participate in the blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper Blog.

"Wish List Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves."

Bitch: In Praise Of Difficult Women
This weeks Wish List Wednesday is from The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. The challenge lists all the books read by Rory on the show Gilmore Girls. I loved Gilmore Girls when I was growning up, so I decided to check out the list and see what Rory and I had in common. Sadly, it wasn't much. But I did see a few interesting titles including: Bitch: In Praise Of Difficult Women by Elizabeth Wortzel. Of course the title grabbed me right away and then I was intrigued by what I'm hopping is a book full of feminist essays. Here is a snippet of the Goodreads summary:


Bitch tells a tale both celebratory and cautionary as Wurtzel catalogs some of the most infamous women in history, defending their outsize desires, describing their exquisite loneliness, championing their take-no-prisoners approach to live and love...

The reviews on Goodreads are pretty mixed with the majority of readers weighing in at 3 stars. I'm hoping when I finally get my hands on this book it'll be a great read. 
 photo signature8_zpse0d9edd5.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment