-->

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Review: Poppet

Mo Hayder's Poppet will definitely have you on the edge of your seat with all the lights on. Here's a snippet of the synopsis:
Everything goes according to procedure when a patient, Isaac, is released into the community from a high security mental health ward. But when the staff realize that he was connected to a series of unexplained episodes of self-harm amongst the ward’s patients, and furthermore that he was released in error, they call on Detective Jack Caffery to investigate, and to track Isaac down before he can kill again. Will the terrifying little effigies Isaac made explain the incidents around the ward, or provide the clue Caffery needs to predict what he's got planned?
I have to admit that I've been reading these books out of order Poppet is actually the 6th book from the Jack Caffery Thriller Series.

I love books that make me think. This book had me constantly searching the internet for definitions of what a "poppet" is and other british words. I would love to go into great detail about all the exceptionally written mental health patients, but I don't want to spoil the book for you, that is if you decide to venture into this novel. This books is a definite page turner and will keep you up late at night.



Rating:

 photo signature8_zpse0d9edd5.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment